The historyofVergers Tellier
For three generations the Tellier family has been developing its know-how in fruit production. It all began in 1948, when Paul Tellier, a pastry chef from Le Quesnoy, decided to plant the first intensive orchard in the North on his land in Le Quesnoy.
Jean and Luc Tellier
Passionate about arboriculture from an early age, his eldest son, Jean Tellier, took over his father’s business with his brother Luc Tellier in 1964. At that time he created the first retail shop called “La Grange”, with the innovative and visionary idea of selling directly from producer to consumer.
In the 1980s, Christophe Tellier, the third son of Jean Tellier, joined forces with his father. At that time, he had the idea of transforming the decayed fruit into apple juice and then into cider.
The purchase of the farm
In the 1990s he acquired an old farmhouse at 200, route de Valenciennes in Le Quesnoy, with the idea of developing more retail sales of “home-made” products and opening up to all types of regional products. He also created an estaminet to taste the same products, as well as five guest rooms to welcome visitors.
In the 2000s, Sébastien Tellier, Christophe’s younger brother, took over the fruit juice and cider processing business, and developed “custom processing” for anyone who has fruit and wants to turn it into juice. This activity is aimed at both professionals and individuals.